Peppered Beef Ribeye Roast the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Peppered Beef Ribeye Roast
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1-1/2||tablespoons black peppercorns|
|1||boneless beef ribeye roast (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds), well trimmed|
|1/4||cup Dijon mustard|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|Sour Cream Sauce|
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- Place peppercorns in small resealable food storage bag. Squeeze out excess air; close bag securely. Pound peppercorns using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until cracked. Set aside.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Combine mustard and garlic in small bowl; spread over top and sides of roast. Sprinkle pepper over mustard mixture.
- Place roast, pepper-side up, on grid directly over drip pan. Grill, covered, over medium heat 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes for medium or until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium when tested with meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of roast, adding 4 to 9 briquets to both sides of the fire after 45 minutes to maintain medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sour Cream Sauce. Cover; refrigerate until serving.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time. Serve with Sour Cream Sauce.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe with Sour Cream Sauce|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Calories from Fat||48 %|
Check out more recipes for Beef