Pineapple-Ginger Bavarians the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 5 servings
|1||can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained and liquid reserved|
|1||package (4-serving size) sugar-free orange-flavored gelatin|
|1||cup sugar-free ginger ale|
|1||cup plain nonfat yogurt|
|3/4||teaspoon grated fresh ginger|
|1/2||cup whipping cream|
|1||packet sugar substitute|
- Combine reserved pineapple juice with enough water to equal 1/2 cup liquid. Pour into small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place gelatin in medium bowl. Add pineapple juice mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add ginger ale and half of crushed pineapple; stir until well blended. Add yogurt; whisk until well blended. Pour into 5 individual ramekins. Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining half of pineapple with ginger in small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, beat cream in small deep bowl at high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar substitute and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, top each bavarian with 1 tablespoon whipped cream and 1 tablespoon pineapple mixture.
To save time, garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon thawed frozen whipped topping, if desired.
|Serving Size:||about 1/2 cup bavarian with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 tablespoon pineapple mixture|
|Calories from Fat||56 %|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries