Makes 64 cookies
|1||package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) soft baking butter with canola oil|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons apricot fruit spread|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||cup finely chopped pistachio nuts, toasted*|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|Additional apricot fruit spread (optional)|
*To toast nuts, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place cream cheese in large bowl. Beat 30 seconds with electric mixer at low speed until smooth. Add butter; beat 30 seconds at medium speed.
- Add flour to cream cheese mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed until blended. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape into rectangles. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Stir fruit spread and water in small bowl; set aside. In separate small bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon until well blended; set aside.
- Remove one portion dough from refrigerator. Place on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough into 12X10-inch rectangle.
- Spread 2 tablespoons apricot mixture on dough. Sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over top, followed by 1/4 cup pistachio nuts. Cut dough in half lengthwise into two 12X5-inch pieces. Rollup each piece jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Cut each roll into 16 slices, about 3/4 inch thick. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets. Spray tops of cookies with cooking spay; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake about 16 minutes or until golden. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets on wire rack. Remove to wire racks. Stir additional fruit spead, if desired. Brush on cookies. Let cookies cool completely.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||60 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookies