Pleasin' Peanutty Snack Mix
Both peanuts and peanut butter are great sources of niacin, a nutrient which helps to promote healthy skin. Also, the insoluble fiber found in peanuts assists in keeping your digestive tract running smoothly.
Makes 10 servings
|4||cups whole wheat cereal squares or 2 cups whole wheat and 2 cups corn or rice cereal squares|
|2||cups small pretzel twists or goldfish-shaped pretzels|
|1/2||cup dry-roasted peanuts|
|2||tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1||tablespoon apple juice or water|
|Butter-flavored cooking spray|
|1/2||cup raisins, dried fruit bits or dried cherries (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine cereal, pretzels and peanuts in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey and apple juice in 1-cup glass measure or small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until hot. Stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle peanut butter mixture evenly over cereal mixture; toss lightly to evenly coat. Place mixture in single layer in ungreased 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan; coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 8 minutes; stir. Continue baking 8 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Add raisins, if desired; mix lightly.
- Spread mixture in single layer on large sheet of foil to cool.
|Serving Size:||2/3 cup snack mix|
|Calories from Fat||25 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Snacks