Pollo alla Firènze the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pollo alla Firènze
Makes 6 servings
|2||cups plus 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided|
|6||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|3||cups spinach leaves, cut in thin shreds|
|2||cups coarsely chopped mushrooms|
|1||cup grated carrots|
|1/3||cup sliced green onions|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1-1/2||cups Italian salad dressing|
|1||cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs|
|1/3||cup grated Romano cheese|
- Pour 2 cups sherry into large, shallow dish. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- To prepare filling, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, mushrooms, grated carrots, green onions, garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons sherry. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is completely wilted; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool spinach mixture.
- Place dressing in shallow bowl; set aside. Combine bread crumbs and cheese in another shallow bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 13X9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cut pocket horizontally into side of each chicken breast. Fill pockets with spinach mixture. Secure pockets with toothpicks to enclose filling.
- Coat each filled chicken breast with dressing, shaking off excess. Place each chicken breast in bread crumb mixture; spoon bread crumb mixture over chicken to coat.
- Place chicken in single layer in prepared baking pan. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover; bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Check out more recipes for Italian