Pork Curry over Cauliflower Couscous
Makes 6 servings
|3||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|2||tablespoons mild curry powder|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1-1/2||pounds pork (boneless shoulder, loin or chops), cubed|
|1||red or green bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|1||tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1||large head cauliflower|
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in large saucepan. Add curry powder and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is golden.
- Add pork; stir to coat completely with curry and garlic. Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until pork cubes are barely pink in center. Add bell pepper and vinegar; cook and stir 3 minutes or until bell pepper is soft. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced and pork is tender, adding additional water as needed.
- Meanwhile, trim and core cauliflower; cut into equal pieces. Place in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process using on/off pulsing action until cauliflower is in small uniform pieces about the size of cooked couscous. Do not purée.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add cauliflower; cook and stir 5 minutes or until cooked crisp-tender. Do not overcook. Serve pork curry over cauliflower.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Calories from Fat||51 %|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern