Pork Curry Stew the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||teaspoons chopped garlic|
|2||tablespoons mild curry powder|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1-1/2||teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1-1/2||pounds pork loin, trimmed, boned and cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes|
|4||cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes or yams|
|2||bags (12 ounces each) cauliflower florets|
|1||can (14 ounces) low sodium green lentils or black-eyed peas|
|1||cup freshly chopped parsley|
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in stock pot, over low heat. Add chopped garlic, curry, onion, and pepper and stir.
- Add pork and brown lightly for 5 minutes over medium-high heat stirring often. Add 1 cup of water and stir.
- Add sweet potatoes or yams, and extra water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, stirring lightly and cook 5 minutes.
- Add lentils or peas, and if needed, enough water to make a stew. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add parsley and stir. Serve in bowls.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Calories from Fat||32 %|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern