Portobello Pesto Pasta Casserole the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Portobello Pesto Pasta Casserole
Makes 4 servings
|3||ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into thirds|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|6||ounces reduced-fat bulk pork sausage|
|6||ounces sliced Portobello mushrooms|
|2||tablespoons prepared pesto|
|1||cup packed stemmed spinach (about 2 ounces)|
|3||tablespoons Italian bread crumbs|
|1||tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Transfer sausage to plate; set aside.
- Coat sausage residue remaining in skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms to skillet. Coat mushrooms with cooking spray. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain pasta. Place in pie plate. Toss pasta with pesto until evenly coated. Add spinach. Spread evenly over bottom of pie plate. Arrange mushrooms and sausage over top.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese in small bowl; sprinkle over casserole. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 cup casserole|
|Saturated Fat||<2 g|
|Total Fat||<6 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian