Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup refrigerated no-added-fat shredded hash brown potatoes|
|1/2||cup shredded coleslaw mix, lightly packed|
|1/4||cup egg whites|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|4||tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (optional)|
|2||tablespoons fat-free sour cream (optional)|
- Mix potatoes, slaw, egg whites and pepper in medium bowl.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Scoop and pack batter into 1/2-cup measure. Gently invert cup into skillet. Repeat with second pancake. Drizzle any juices from bowl over pancakes.
- When batter begins to sizzle, gently press down with spatula to flatten into pancakes that are 1/2 inch thick and about 4 inches in diameter. Cook until pancake browns on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn pancakes. Cook on second side until pancake browns, 4 to 5 minutes.
- If desired, top each pancake with either 2 tablespoons applesauce or 1 tablespoon sour cream.
These pancakes make a nice change of pace for breakfast.
Place unused Potato-Cabbage Pancakes in a freezer bag and freeze for later use.
|Serving Size:||1 pancake|
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish