Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding and Horseradish Cream Sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||(3-rib) beef rib roast, trimmed* (about 6 to 7 pounds)|
|Horseradish Cream Sauce|
*Ask meat retailer to remove the chine bone for easier carving. Fat should be trimmed to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine garlic and pepper; rub over surfaces of roast.
- Place roast, bone side down (bones take the place of a meat rack), in shallow roasting pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast 20 minutes per pound for medium or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast, not touching bone.
- Meanwhile, prepare Yorkshire Pudding batter and Horseradish Cream Sauce.
- When roast has reached desired temperature, transfer to cutting board; cover with foil. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings from roasting pan for Yorkshire Pudding. Let roast stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° to 10°F during stand time.
- While pudding is baking, carve roast. Serve roast with Yorkshire Pudding and Horseradish Cream Sauce.
Check out more recipes for European