Provençal Apple-Walnut Crumb Pie the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Provençal Apple-Walnut Crumb Pie
Makes 8 servings
|5||cups peeled and thinly sliced Red Delicious apples|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/2||cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1/3||cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1||frozen reduced-fat pie crust|
|1/4||cup chopped walnuts|
|2||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|2||tablespoons cold margarine, cut into small pieces|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place baking sheet in oven while preheating.
- Combine, apples, lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Add brown sugar mixture to apple mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into pie crust; set aside.
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add nuts; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup flour and granulated sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine using pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over pie. Top with walnuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and apples are tender in center.
|Calories from Fat||33 %|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts