Puffy Orange Omelets
Puffy Orange Omelet
Makes 6 servings
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon grated orange peel|
|4||tablespoons sugar, divided|
|3/4||cup orange juice|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|2||tablespoons brown sugar|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together egg yolks, flour and orange peel in large bowl until well blended.
- Combine egg whites and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Beat egg white mixture at high speed of electric mixer 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- Combine orange juice, butter and brown sugar in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until butter melts and sauce is heated through.
- Grease 6 (5-ounce) soufflé dishes or custard cups; lightly sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, shaking out excess. Place 1 tablespoon orange sauce in bottom of each soufflé dish, reserving remaining sauce. Spoon egg mixture equally into dishes.
- Place soufflé dishes in shallow baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve immediately with reserved warm orange sauce.
|Serving Size:||1 omelet|
|Calories from Fat||43 %|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Check out more recipes for Eggs & Omelets