Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Sandwiches
Makes about 2 dozen sandwich cookies
|1||cup solid-pack pumpkin|
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough|
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*|
|1/2||cup prepared cream cheese frosting|
*Or, substitute 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger and pinch each ground allspice and ground nutmeg for 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Line colander with paper towel. Place pumpkin in prepared colander; drain about 20 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Beat dough, pumpkin, flour and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place about 1 teaspoon frosting on flat side of one cookie; top with second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
Check out more recipes for Chocolate