Pumpkin Pie Well Done Cooking Class
Bill and Jen from TLC's 'The Little Couple' learned to prepare Pumpkin Pie at Well Done Cooking Class in Houston, Texas.
|1||cup cooked pumpkin puree|
|1/4||cup firmly packed light brown sugar|
|2||large eggs, beaten until frothy|
|1||tbsp. unsalted butter, softened|
|1/4||tsp. ground cinnamon|
|Pinch of ground allspice|
|Pinch of ground nutmeg|
|3/4||cup dark corn syrup|
|1 1/2||tbsp. unsalted butter, melted|
|2||tsp. vanilla extract|
|1||pinch ground cinnamon|
|3/4||cup pecan pieces|
|4||tbsp. unsalted butter (1/2 stick)|
|1/2||tbsp. very hot water|
|1/4||cup heavy cream|
|1/4||cup bourbon whiskey|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch spring form cake pan.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to 3/16 inch. Very lightly flour the top of the dough and fold it into quarters. Carefully place the dough in the greased cake pan. Press firmly in place and trim the edges. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the Pumpkin Filling into the pan, spreading evenly to distribute.
- Gently pour the Pecan Syrup on top. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Cool and serve with Whiskey Butter Sauce.
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler set over gently simmering water.
- Beat the sugar and egg in a small bowl until blended. Stir the egg mixture into the butter.
- Add hot water and stir until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the double boiler and let cool to room temperature. Stir in the cream and whiskey.
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts