Pumpkin Spice Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Pumpkin Spice Cake
Makes one 2-layer cake
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter|
|1-1/2||cups granulated sugar|
|1-1/2||cups solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|2-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1-1/2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8||teaspoon ground ginger|
|Vanilla Maple Frosting|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Beat together butter and granulated sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine pumpkin and buttermilk in medium bowl.
- Sift together dry ingredients; add to shortening mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove to racks to cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Maple Frosting; spread between layers and over top and side of cake.
Check out more recipes for Cakes