Makes 8 servings
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1/3||cup cold butter or margarine|
|3||to 4 tablespoons cold water|
|1||can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)|
|1/2||cup maple syrup|
|1/3||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1/4||cup whipping cream|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- For pastry, combine flour, granulated sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water with fork, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin into 12-inch circle. Place dough in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim excess from edge.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. For filling, combine pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, cream, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl; stir until well blended. Pour into tart shell.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare Maple Crème; serve with tart.
Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add 4-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup; beat at low speed until blended. Add 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream; beat until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled.
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts