Punch Bowl Party Cake
Makes 12 to 14 servings
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1||package (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|2||cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling|
|1||cup chopped pecans|
|1||container (12 ounces) frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed|
- Prepare cake mix and bake according to package directions for 13X9-inch cake; cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions.
- Crumble half of cake into bottom of small punch bowl. Top with half of pudding.
- Reserve a few cherries from cherry pie filling for garnish. Top pudding with layers of cherry pie filling, nuts and whipped topping.
- Repeat layers, using remaining cake, pudding and cherry pie filling. Top with remaining nuts and whipped topping. Garnish with reserved cherries.
Check out more recipes for Cakes