Quick Chicken Quesadillas the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 8 appetizer or 4 main-dish servings
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|6||to 8 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||large yellow onion, thinly sliced|
|8||medium-sized flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)|
|3||cups shredded mild Cheddar or jack cheese (12 ounces)|
- Flatten chicken breasts and cut into 1X1/4-inch strips.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken and cook, stirring over high heat, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Season with salt. Remove chicken from skillet with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sauté onion slices in same skillet until translucent; remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Place tortilla in skillet; add 1/4 each of chicken, onion and cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Cook quesadilla on both sides until browned and crisp. Repeat process for each quesadilla.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings such as salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Be creative and use your own favorite fillings!
Check out more recipes for Mexican