Quick 'N Easy Barbecue Sauce
Recipe from Allison Fishman
|1 1/2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||large onion, roughly chopped|
|4||cloves garlic, smashed, peels removed|
|1 1/2||teaspoons dry mustard|
|1 1/2||teaspoons chili powder|
|1 1/2||teaspoons onion powder|
|1||24-ounce bottle ketchup (3 cups)|
|1||cup cider vinegar|
|1/4||cup Worcestershire sauce|
|3/4||cup dark brown sugar|
|1/4||cup honey (optional)|
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and garlic, sweat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add mustard, chili powder and onion powder, and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and honey (if desired).
- Stir to combine and cook on low heat until thickened and reduced by half, about 1 hour.
- Puree sauce in a blender until completely smooth.
- Process according to USDA approved canning methods and store, or keep refrigerated in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Check out more recipes for Savory Sauces