Rainbows the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|Christmas Ornament Cookie Dough|
|Red, green, yellow and blue paste food coloring|
|White frosting and edible gold glitter dust|
- Prepare Christmas Ornament Cookie Dough. Divide dough into 10 equal sections. Combine 4 sections dough and red food coloring in large bowl; blend until smooth.
- Combine 3 sections dough and green food coloring in medium bowl; blend until smooth.
- Combine 2 sections dough and yellow food coloring in another medium bowl; blend until smooth.
- Combine remaining dough and blue food coloring in small bowl; blend until smooth. Wrap each section of dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape blue dough into 8-inch log. Shape yellow dough into 8X3-inch rectangle; place on waxed paper. Place blue log in center of yellow rectangle. Fold yellow edges up and around blue log, pinching to seal. Roll to form smooth log.
- Roll green dough into 8X5-inch rectangle on waxed paper. Place yellow log in center of green rectangle. Fold green edges up and around yellow log. Pinch to seal. Roll gently to form smooth log.
- Roll red dough into 8X7-inch rectangle. Place green log in center of red rectangle. Fold red edges up and around green log. Pinch to seal. Roll gently to form smooth log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut log in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 12 minutes. (Do not brown.) Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Pipe small amount of frosting on bottom corner of 1 side of each cookie and sprinkle with glitter dust. Let stand 1 hour or until frosting sets.
Check out more recipes for Cookies