Raspberry-Applesauce Coffee Cake
Makes 9 servings
|1-1/2||cups fresh or frozen raspberries|
|7||tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided|
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||tablespoon finely chopped walnuts|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1||cup unsweetened applesauce|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine raspberries and water in small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in small bowl. Stir into raspberry mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour and remaining 5 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for topping; stir walnuts into remaining crumb mixture.
- Add remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and cloves to walnut mixture; mix well. Stir in egg whites and applesauce; beat until well combined. Spread half of batter into prepared pan. Spread raspberry mixture over batter. Drop remaining batter in small mounds on top. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges start to pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Coffeecakes