Raspberry Tea Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Raspberry Tea Cake
Makes 10 servings
|1/3||cup whole almonds, toasted|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter|
|3/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|3/4||cup seedless raspberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Place almonds in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until almonds are ground, but not pasty.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture. Stir almonds and baking powder into remaining flour mixture.
- Combine milk, vanilla and egg in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Make well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture; stir until mixture forms soft dough. Spread half of dough evenly on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven. Spread evenly with jam. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over jam. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Cut into wedges. Store covered at room temperature.
Check out more recipes for European