Tariq Hanna created this Red, White and Blue Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|10||oz cake flour|
|1/2||oz baking powder|
|9||ea. eggs (separated)|
|1||tsp vanilla extract|
|1 1/2||oz butter (melted)|
|3/4||pound fresh strawberries|
|2 1/2||Tbl orange juice|
|1 1/2||cups sugar|
|1/2||tsp apple pectin|
|1/2||Tbl lemon juice|
|1||Tbl orange zest|
|1 1/2||cups heavy cream|
|1||pound powder sugar|
|3||Tbl vanilla extract|
- Combine 10 oz sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla and butter in three stages till well incorporated.
- Whip egg whites and 4 oz sugar to medium peak.
- Fold meringue into first mixture.
- Bake in ungreased pan at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- As soon as removed from oven, invert to cool.
- Combine all ingredients but pectin in a non reactive pot.
- Bring to a boil, then add pectin.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cream butter and vanilla for 10 minutes at high speed.
- Add sugar, cream for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, cream for 5 minutes.
- Fold blueberries into strawberry buttercream.
Check out more recipes for Cakes