Roasted Chicken with Maple Glaze
Makes 6 servings
|1||broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds)|
|1||small onion, cut into wedges|
|1||small orange, cut into wedges|
|3/4||cup apple cider|
|1/4||cup maple syrup|
|1/4||teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use.
- Place onion and orange wedges in cavity of chicken. Tie legs together with wet cotton string and place, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of thigh, not touching bone.
- Combine apple cider, maple syrup, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice in small saucepan, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute. Brush apple cider mixture over chicken.
- Bake chicken 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 180°F, basting frequently with remaining cider mixture. (Do not baste during last 10 minutes of cooking. Discard any remaining cider mixture.)
- Remove string from chicken; discard. Remove onion and orange wedges from chicken cavity; discard. Transfer chicken to serving platter. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Calories from Fat||52 %|
Check out more recipes for Northeastern