Roasted Herb & Garlic Tenderloin the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Roasted Herb & Garlic Tenderloin
Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||beef tenderloin roast, (3 to 4 pounds) trimmed of fat|
|1||tablespoon black peppercorns|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil|
|4-1/2||teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1||tablespoon minced garlic|
|Salt and black pepper (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. To hold shape of roast, tie roast with cotton string at 1-1/2-inch intervals. Place roast on meat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Place peppercorns in small heavy resealable food storage bag. Squeeze out excess air; seal bag tightly. Pound peppercorns with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until peppercorns are cracked.
- Combine cracked peppercorns, basil, thyme, rosemary and garlic in small bowl; rub over top surface of roast.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare or 150°F for medium when tested with meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time. Remove and discard string. To serve, carve crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices with large carving knife. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Check out more recipes for Italian