Roasted Vegetable Omelet with Fresh Salsa
Makes 2 servings
|4||small red potatoes, cut into quarters|
|1/3||cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper|
|2||slices bacon, chopped|
|1||medium green onion, cut into thin slices|
|Salt and black pepper to taste|
|1||tablespoon butter or margarine|
|1/3||cup shredded Colby cheese|
- Prepare Fresh Salsa. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine potatoes, bell pepper, bacon and green onion in greased 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Beat eggs, water, salt and black pepper in small bowl.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook until eggs begin to set. Gently lift up sides of omelet with spatula to allow liquid to run under bottom of omelet.
- When omelet is set, but not dry, and bottom is light golden brown, remove from heat. Place roasted vegetable mixture over 1/2 of omelet; sprinkle with cheese. Gently fold omelet in half with spatula. Transfer to serving plate. Serve warm with Fresh Salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian