Rollerblade Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1||cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|5-1/2||cups self-rising flour|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||tablespoon cold water|
|Toasted oats cereal|
|Assorted colored decorating icings, colored sugars and colored sprinkles|
- Beat honey, sugar, butter and egg yolk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, ginger and cinnamon in small bowl. Add alternately with milk to butter mixture; beat just until combined. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using 3-1/2-inch boot cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Beat egg white and water in small bowl until combined. Lightly brush bottom of each boot with egg white mixture. Place 6 toasted oats on bottom of each boot to represent wheels.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate cookies with colored icings, sugars and sprinkles as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Cookies