Ruffled Tuna Kabobs the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Ruffled Tuna Kabobs
Makes 12 kabobs
|1||tuna steak, 1 inch thick (about 3/4 pound)|
|1/3||cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3||tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon packed dark brown sugar|
|1||tablespoon ground coriander|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/8||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|12||(8-inch) bamboo skewers|
- Rinse tuna and pat dry with paper towels.
- For ease in slicing, wrap fish in plastic wrap; freeze about 1 hour or until firm but not frozen.
- Slice fish across the grain into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices.
- To make marinade, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, coriander, garlic, ginger and pepper in casserole. Place fish slices in marinade, stirring to coat; cover. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 6 hours, turning slices once or twice.
- Cover skewers with cold water; soak 20 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Remove skewers from water. Weave 1 fish slice accordion style onto each skewer.
- Brush fish with marinade; discard remaining marinade.*
- Preheat broiler. Place skewers crosswise on broiler pan rack. Broil 4 inches below heat 1 to 2 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Fish