Rustic Cranberry-Pear Galette
Makes 8 servings
|1/4||cup sugar, divided|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon or apple pie spice|
|4||cups thinly sliced, peeled Bartlett pears|
|1/4||cup dried cranberries|
|1/4||teaspoon almond extract (optional)|
|1||refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat pizza pan or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon sugar. Combine remaining sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in medium bowl; mix well. Add pears, cranberries, vanilla and almond extract; toss to coat.
- Place crust on prepared pan. Spoon pear mixture into center of crust to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of crust 2 inches over pear mixture; crimp slightly.
- Combine egg white and water in small bowl; whisk until well blended. Brush outer edge of pie crust with egg white mixture; sprinkle with reserved 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pears are tender and crust is golden brown. If edge browns too quickly, cover with foil after 15 minutes of baking. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Fruit Desserts