Santa's Favorite Brownies
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 16 brownies
|1||cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter|
|3/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts|
|Buttercream Frosting (recipe follows, optional)|
|Small jelly beans, icing gels and colored sugar for decoration (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter with granulated sugar in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour into large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Fold in walnuts. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place pan on wire rack; cool completely.
- Frost with Buttercream Frosting, if desired. Cut into squares. Decorate with jelly beans, icing gels and colored sugar, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Check out more recipes for Christmas