Sassy Chicken & Peppers
This dish couldn't be easier to prepare. If you're in a real time crunch, use frozen bell pepper strips–they're just as nutritious and flavorful as fresh.
Makes 2 servings
|2||teaspoons Mexican seasoning*|
|2||boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)|
|2||teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1||small red onion, sliced|
|1/2||medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|1/2||medium yellow or green bell pepper, cut into long, thin strips|
|1/4||cup chunky salsa or chipotle salsa|
|1||tablespoon lime juice|
|Lime wedges for garnish (optional)|
*If Mexican seasoning is not available, substitute 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of chicken; set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper strips; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir salsa and lime juice into vegetables.
- Push vegetables to edge of skillet. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 5 minutes; turn. Continue to cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1/2 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican