Saucy Tomato-Pork Skillet the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Saucy Tomato-Pork Skillet
Prep and Cook Time 28 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1||cup uncooked instant white rice|
|2/3||cup reduced-sodium or regular tomato juice|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce|
|3||boneless pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 3/4 pound)|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/8||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||slices uncooked bacon, chopped|
|3||medium tomatoes, chopped|
|2||green onions with tops, sliced diagonally|
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine tomato juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and paprika in small bowl, stirring until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- Slice pork across grain into 1/4-inch slices; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle pork with garlic salt and pepper flakes; mix well.
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon from skillet using slotted spoon; set aside. Add pork, tomatoes and green onions to skillet; stir-fry over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until pork is barely pink in center. Stir in tomato juice mixture; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat; stir in bacon.
- Serve pork mixture over rice.
|Serving Size:||1-1/2 cups pork mixture with 1/2 cup cooked rice (made with reduced-sodium tomato juice and reduced-|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Calories from Fat||32 %|
Check out more recipes for Asian