Makes 24 servings (2 loaves)
|Basic Yeast Bread|
|2||tablespoons dried basil|
|2||tablespoons rubbed sage|
|2||tablespoons dried thyme|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
- Prepare Basic Yeast Bread through Step 4. Grease two 9X5-inch loaf pans; set aside. Combine basil, sage and thyme in small bowl; set aside.
- Divide half the dough into 16 equal pieces. Keep remaining half of dough covered. Form each piece into a ball. Cover with towel on work surface; let rest 5 minutes.
- Flatten each ball into 4X3-inch oval. Coat both sides of dough with olive oil. Sprinkle one side of dough with rounded 1/2 teaspoon of herb mixture.
- Stand loaf pan on short end. Lay one piece of dough, herb-covered side down, in pan. Stack remaining 15 pieces of dough in pan so that herb-covered sides of dough are touching sides of dough not covered with herb mixture. Cover with towel; let rise 45 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 35 minutes or until tops of loaves are golden. Immediately remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Check out more recipes for Yeast & Bread Machine