Scallops with Vegetables
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|1||ounce dried mushrooms|
|1||cup cold water|
|2-1/2||tablespoons dry sherry|
|4||teaspoons soy sauce|
|2||teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|8||ounces fresh green beans, diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces|
|2||yellow onions, cut into wedges and separated|
|3||stalks celery, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||pound fresh or thawed frozen sea scallops, cut into quarters|
|6||green onions with tops, diagonally cut into thin slices|
|1||can (15 ounces) baby corn, drained|
|Whole dried mushroom and celery leaves for garnish|
- Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain. Squeeze out as much water as possible from mushrooms. Cut off and discard stems; cut caps into thin slices.
- Blend cornstarch and cold water in small bowl; stir in sherry, soy sauce and bouillon granules. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add green beans, yellow onions, celery, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add mushrooms, scallops, green onions and baby corn. Cook and stir until scallops turn opaque, about 4 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese