Scaredy Cat Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Scaredy Cat Cake
Makes 12 servings
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1||container (16 ounces) dark chocolate fudge frosting|
|4||individual square chocolate snack cakes|
|1||large orange or pink gumdrop|
|Black decorating gel|
|Black string licorice, cut into 3-1/2- to 4-inch lengths|
|2||large yellow gumdrops|
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions in 2 (8-inch) round baking pans. Cool in pans on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Place one cake layer upside down on serving platter; spread with chocolate frosting. Top with second cake layer, top side up. Frost top and side of cake.
- Cut snack cakes in half diagonally. Frost tops of all snack cake triangles. Make 2 stacks of 4 triangles each. Place at top of round cake for ears; frost to blend in with round cake. Use back of spoon to pull frosting on side of cake out into points to resemble fur.
- Roll out orange gumdrop with rolling pin on generously sugared surface. Cut out large triangle; place in center of cake for nose. Use decorating gel to create mouth and licorice for whiskers.
- Roll out yellow gumdrops with rolling pin on generously sugared surface. Cut out pointed ovals; place on cake for eyes. Pipe gel onto eyes.
Check out more recipes for Halloween