Seafood Crêpes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|1/3||cup finely chopped shallots or sweet onion|
|2||tablespoons dry vermouth|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||cups plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided|
|1/4||to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)|
|8||ounces (1-1/2 cups) cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped|
|8||ounces (1-1/2 cups) lump crabmeat or imitation crabmeat|
|2||tablespoons snipped fresh chives or green onion tops|
|3||tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Prepare Basic Crêpes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium saucepan. Add shallots; cook and stir 5 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add vermouth; cook 1 minute.
- Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk and hot pepper sauce, if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in shrimp and crabmeat. Reserve 1/2 cup seafood mixture.
- To assemble crêpes, spoon about 1/4 cup seafood mixture down center of each crêpe. Roll up crêpes jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in well-greased 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Stir chives and remaining 2 tablespoons milk into reserved seafood mixture. Spoon seafood mixture down center of crêpes; sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for French