Sesame-Onion Twists the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 14 twists
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|1-1/2||cups finely chopped onions|
|1||loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed|
|1||tablespoon sesame seeds|
- Grease large baking sheet; set aside. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add onions and paprika; cook until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spray work surface with nonstick cooking spray. Roll thawed bread dough into 14X12-inch rectangle.
- Spread onion mixture on one side of dough. Fold dough over onion mixture to make 14X6-inch rectangle.
- Pinch 14-inch side of dough to seal. Cut dough into 14 lengthwise strips.
- Gently twist dough strip two times and place on prepared sheet. Press both ends of strip down on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Cover with towel. Let twists rise in warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Yeast & Bread Machine