Shanghai Fish Packets
Shanghai Fish Packet
Makes 4 servings
|4||orange roughy or tilefish fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)|
|1/4||cup mirin* or Rhine wine|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|1-1/2||teaspoons grated fresh ginger|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1||tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||package (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves, stems removed|
*Mirin is a Japanese sweet wine available in Japanese markets and the gourmet section of large supermarkets.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place orange roughy in single layer in large shallow dish. Combine mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over orange roughy. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes, tossing with 2 wooden spoons.
- Place spinach mixture in center of four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty foil. Remove orange roughy from marinade; reserve marinade. Place 1 orange roughy fillet over each mound of spinach. Drizzle reserved marinade evenly over orange roughy. Wrap in foil.
- Place packets on grid. Grill packets, on covered grill, over medium coals 15 to 18 minutes or until orange roughy flakes when tested with fork.
Check out more recipes for Chinese