Makes about 6-1/2 dozen cookies
|2||packages (20 ounces each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|Red, yellow, green and blue paste food colorings|
|1||container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting|
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Cut each roll of dough in half.
- Beat 1/4 of dough and red food coloring in medium bowl until well blended. Shape red dough into 5-inch log on sheet of waxed paper; set aside.
- Repeat with remaining dough and food colorings. Cover; refrigerate tinted logs 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll or shape each log on smooth surface to create circular, triangular, square and oval-shaped logs. Use ruler to keep triangle and square sides flat. Cover; refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut shaped dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into resealable food storage bag; seal. Cut tiny tip from corner of bag. Pipe frosting around each cookie to define shape.
If you have extra liquid food colorings at home, tint the vanilla frosting different colors. Frost cookies using contrasting colored frosting, for example green frosting on a red cookie.
Check out more recipes for Cookies