Sherried Oyster and Brie Soup the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sherried Oyster and Brie Soup
Makes 4 servings
|1||cup cream sherry|
|1||quart select Maryland oysters with liquor|
|1||pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup minced shallots|
|2||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3||cups beef broth|
|4||ounces Brie cheese|
|1||cup whipping cream|
|Salt and white pepper|
|Fresh chives (optional)|
- Bring sherry to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until slightly thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Drain oysters, reserving liquor. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, stir in mushrooms, shallots and lemon juice; cook and stir 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Add broth and reduced sherry; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut Brie cheese into wedges; using paring knife, remove and discard outer white rind.
- Add cheese to soup; stir to melt. Stir in reserved oyster liquor, milk and cream; season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat until very hot. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; add oysters. Cover and let stand until oysters are just plumped. Garnish with fresh chives.
Check out more recipes for French