Shrimp-Stuffed Zucchini on Three-Pepper Confetti
Serve these colorful stuffed zucchini boats to enhance any dinner menu.
Makes 8 servings
|8||small zucchini, ends trimmed|
|1/4||pound cooked baby shrimp|
|1-1/2||cups Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4||cup chopped green onions with tops|
|2||tablespoons minced fresh parsley|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh savory, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2/3||cup diced red bell pepper|
|2/3||cup diced yellow bell pepper|
|2/3||cup diced green bell pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell. Finely chop zucchini pulp.
- Combine chopped zucchini, shrimp, bread crumbs, Parmesan, green onions, parsley, oil, 2 teaspoons savory, garlic and black pepper in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange zucchini shells in shallow baking dish. Stuff each zucchini shell with shrimp mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat broth and remaining 1 teaspoon savory in small nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add diced bell peppers. Cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- For each serving, arrange zucchini boat over bed of mixed bell peppers. Garnish as desired.
|Serving Size:||2 filled zucchini halves with 1/4 cup diced bell peppers|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
Check out more recipes for Shellfish