Sinfully Slim Crêpes Suzette the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|1||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2-1/2||tablespoons reduced-fat margarine|
|1||cup fresh orange juice|
|Peel of 1 orange, cut into 1/8-inch julienne strips|
|2||tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur|
- To prepare crêpes, combine milk, egg whites and flour in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat 6- or 7-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons crêpe batter into hot skillet; quickly rotate pan to distribute batter evenly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip crêpe and cook on other side about 30 seconds. Stack crêpes on clean kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying skillet with nonstick cooking spray before each crêpe.
- To prepare filling, combine margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare sauce, combine orange juice and 2 tablespoons sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-high and continue cooking until reduced by half. Add orange peel; set aside. Pour liqueur into separate small saucepan; heat over medium-high heat until warm. Light with match and immediately stop flame with lid. Combine liqueur and orange sauce; keep warm. Set aside.
- To serve, spread each crêpe with about 1/2 teaspoon filling mixture. Fold crêpes in half, then in half again to form a triangle. Arrange 2 crêpes on each dessert plate; repeat with remaining crêpes. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon orange sauce; serve warm.
|Serving Size:||2 crêpes with 1 teaspoon filling mixture (1/2 teaspoon per crêpe) and about 3 tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for French