Skillet Pork Chops with Maple Apples
Skillet Pork Chop with Maple Apples
Prep and Cook Time 26 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1||package (12 ounces) uncooked egg noodles|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||well-trimmed center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick|
|2||tablespoons margarine or butter, divided|
|1/4||cup maple syrup|
|2||tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- While noodles are cooking, combine oregano, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper in small bowl; sprinkle over pork chops.
- Heat 1 tablespoon margarine in large skillet until hot. Add pork chops and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until pork is barely pink in center. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Cut apple in half; core and cut into slices. Add remaining 1 tablespoon margarine and apple to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in syrup, lemon juice, ginger and additional salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve pork chops and apple mixture over noodles.
For a special touch, garnish with fresh oregano leaves.
|Total Fat||18 g|
Check out more recipes for Pork