Makes 32 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel|
|Yellow food coloring and yellow decorating sugar|
|1/4||cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips|
- Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine dough, lemon peel and food coloring in large bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 32 balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten into 1-3/4-inch rounds. Sprinkle with yellow sugar.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in small resealable food storage bag; seal. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; knead bag lightly. Microwave on HIGH for additional 30-second intervals until chips are completely melted, kneading bag after each interval. Cut off very tiny corner of bag. Pipe chocolate onto cookies for eyes and mouths.
Check out more recipes for Cookies