Smoked Ham Corncakes with Bean Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Smoked Ham Corncakes with Bean Sauce
Makes 8 servings
|3/4||cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||cup buttermilk, divided|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|6||tablespoons cream cheese, softened|
|2||ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels cut from cob and divided|
|2/3||cup chopped smoked ham|
|1/2||cup finely chopped fresh chives|
|2||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1||can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1||tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Sour cream (optional)|
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, eggs and cream cheese in blender container. Cover; blend on low speed until smooth. Add 1/2 cup corn; blend on low speed until coarsely chopped. Stir buttermilk mixture, remaining corn, ham and chives into cornmeal mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter into hot oil; spread to 4-inch circle with wooden spoon. Cook corncake 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine beans, remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, remaining tablespoon oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and pepper in blender container. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Heat medium saucepan over low heat. Add bean mixture. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes until heated through. Pour into small serving bowl.
- Serve corncakes with bean sauce, sour cream and tomatoes, if desired. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Pork