Snacking Surprise Muffins
Not just for breakfast anymore, muffins make great lunch box treats. Make each child's muffin different by filling it with their favorite flavor fruit preserves!
Makes 12 servings
|1-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||cup fresh or frozen blueberries|
|2-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted|
|3||tablespoons peach preserves|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Combine buttermilk, egg and butter in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Drop a scant teaspoonful of preserves into center of batter in each cup; top with remaining batter.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over tops of batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
|Serving Size:||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Muffins