Sour Cream Apple Tart the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 12 servings
|5||tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, divided|
|3/4||cup graham cracker crumbs|
|1-1/4||teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided|
|1-1/3||cups reduced-fat sour cream|
|3/4||cup sugar, divided|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour, divided|
|1/2||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|5||cups coarsely chopped peeled Jonathan apples or other firm red-skinned apples|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until well blended. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Combine sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons flour in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg substitute and vanilla until well blended. Stir in chopped apples with spoon. Spoon apple mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is just set. Cut into 12 slices before serving.
- Preheat broiler. Combine remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar and 5 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons flour in small bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over top of fruit.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 tart slice|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts