Sour Cream Coffeecake with Brandy-Soaked Cherries the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Brandy-Soaked Cherries
Makes 16 servings
|3-1/4||cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||cup dried sweet or sour cherries|
|1||container (16 ounces) sour cream|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
- Prepare Streusel Topping; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom. Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour into pan, rotating pan to evenly coat bottom and sides of pan. Discard any remaining flour.
- Bring cherries and brandy to a boil in small saucepan. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes or until cherries are tender. Drain; discard any remaining brandy.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until thoroughly blended. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add remaining 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until just blended. Stir in cherries.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into prepared tube pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of Streusel Topping. Repeat with remaining batter and Streusel Topping. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Coffeecakes