Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|2||tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons blue raspberry-flavored gelatin|
|1/4||teaspoon blue gel food coloring|
|2||tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons strawberry-flavored gelatin|
|1/4||teaspoon red gel food coloring|
- Remove dough from wrapper. Divide dough in half; place in separate medium bowls. Let dough stand about 15 minutes.
- Add blue raspberry gelatin and blue food coloring to dough in one bowl. Add strawberry gelatin and red food coloring to dough in remaining bowl. Beat doughs separately at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll blue dough to 10X6-inch rectangle on lightly floured waxed paper using lightly floured rolling pin. Repeat with red dough. Refrigerate both dough rectangles 10 minutes.
- Flip blue dough onto red dough to cover. Remove waxed paper from blue dough. Starting at 10-inch side, roll up into tight log, removing waxed paper from red dough as it is rolled. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut log into 1/4-inch slices. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not browned. Cool on cookie sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Cookies