Southern Fried Chicken
Miss South Carolina, Kelly Annette Sloan, submitted this recipe for Southern Fried Chicken.
|1/4||cup black pepper|
|2||cups self-rising flour|
|Seasoning (above mixture)|
|2 1/2||pound chicken, cut into pieces|
|Oil, for frying, preferably peanut oil|
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the water.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp.
- Dark meat takes longer than white meat. It should take dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white meat around 8 to 10 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Southern